M.Sc. Medical Biochemistry (Three Years)
Department of Medical Biochemistry
Department of Medical Biochemistry came up the year 1994 in School of Medical Education,Gandhinagar, under the eminent leadership of Dr.P. K Joseph(Former professor of Biochemistry,St.Johns Medical College,Bangalore).In Department at the beginning ,Master of Applied Science in Medical Biochemistry course introduced.On 2009,This Course replaced by 3 Year MSc Medical Biochemistry course. This course fulfils the ever increasing demand for professionals in the area of allied medical sciences .Many eminent Professors discharged their duties overhere and established in area of research .Many Publications of Teaching faculties and students published in different journals.Many of our students established in Healthcare sector inside and outside of India.We have a students assosciation named”Assosciation of Medical Biochemistry”(SAMBIC).In assosciation with sambic department conducted many Research orientation classes in Department.Programmes like Industrial visit and quiz programmes also conducted by department periodically.
Course _ M.Sc. Medical Biochemistry (3 Year course)
No of seats – 25
The course is structured in three parts comprising of 6 semesters and the clinical posting extending over three academic years
Those who hold M.Sc Medical Biochemistry can serve the Health Care and allied sectors as:
- Lecturers/Tutors in Medical, Dental and Veterinary Colleges and in Science Colleges.
- Biochemists in Medical Colleges / Hospitals / Diagnostic Laboratories in the Government and Private sectors.
- Research Fellows / Scientific Assistants in R&D Institutions.
- JSOs in Health and Home Departments of State and Central Govt’s.
- Product Managers / Quality Assurance Officers in Medico-Diagnostic product and Equipment Manufacturing Companies.
- Laboratory Medical Scientists in Higher Centers of Learning in Biomedical Sciences and Health Care.
- They can also pursue higher studies like Ph.D. etc.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
A candidate seeking admission to the three year M.Sc Medical Biochemistry course should have passed any one of the following Bachelor Degrees with at least 50% marks in the Science subjects.
- Bsc in Medical Biochemistry / Medical Laboratory Technology / Medical Microbiology / Medical Genetics
- Bsc in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Genetics / Bioinformatics
- Bsc in Zoology / Botany with Biochemistry / Chemistry as a subsidiary
- Bsc in Chemistry with Biological Sciences at the Plus Two level
- Any other Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Sciences / Health Sciences / Life Sciences with Biochemistry as one of the Subjects
- Any other Bachelor Degree approved as equivalent there to by the Mahatma Gandhi University
- BAMS,BHMS,MBBS,BDS,BPT,B P harm
Where a merit based criterion for admission is used, candidates having B.Sc Degree in Medical Biochemistry (four year and three year degrees) will be given a weightage of 15% and those having B.Sc Degree in Biochemistry will be given a weightage of 10% of the total marks for the Science subjects in the qualifying B.Sc examination for admission to the M.Sc Medical Biochemistry course